The Professional Business Diploma.
This is a unique one year course renowned as the ultimate training for students who are looking for a fast track into an exciting career within any role in any business sector.
- Document creation to a very high standard using Microsoft Word including mail merge, macros, tables of contents, etc.
- Problem solving with Microsoft Excel including IF statements, Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.
- Creation of professional presentation decks using Microsoft PowerPoint including slide masters, title masters, hyperlinks, etc.
- Database marketing with Microsoft Access including queries, reports, forms, etc.
- Diary, email, and contact management using Microsoft Outlook.
- Written, oral, and nonverbal communication including report writing, meeting procedures, press releases, etc.
- Monitoring and forecasting skills using the company’s management information systems including processing systems and methods, legal issues, decision support systems, etc.
- Business analysis including SWOT, SLEPTE, and PESTEL
- Financial report writing skills, including an analysis of the FTSE 100, financial markets, the effects of leadership, etc.
- Project Management skills, including research, internal and external implications, reporting, etc.
- Online marketing methods, including the 7 Ps of marketing and customer relationship management (CRM)
- Social media marketing, search engine optimisation (SEO), mobile marketing, content marketing, pay per click advertising (PPC), analytics, cloud computing, etc.
- A weekly review of what has been happening in the fast moving world of social media, leading to a Google Garage certification.
- Fast and accurate keyboarding
- Fast notetaking using Teeline shorthand. A key skill for personal efficiency in any working environment
- Minute taking and meetings documentation
- Travel itineraries
- Video and tele-conferencing
- Business English
- Telephone technique
- Audio transcription
Personal Development Planning and Career Support:
All students follow a personal job search programme and help with the job application process.
The planning includes:
- learning styles, team building
- Myers Briggs personality profiling
- CV analysis, interview technique
Students are introduced to recruitment agencies at the start of the course.
A week long work experience is another key part of this course which takes place during the third term.
Students indicate which business sector they are interested in and the type of roles they would like to try or experience. We are lucky to have such close relationships with recruitment agencies over many years. They really value our students and are keen to help with this essential part of the course. They interview each student and arrange suitable positions mainly in London. Some students organise their own placements in Oxford or nearer to home.
Many of our students secure job offers from this week.